Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Anniversary to Me!!!!



Well it's been a year since my husband and I tied the knot. I can't believe time has gone by so fast. I feel like it was just yesterday.

Some people say the first year of marriage is the hardest. Well, if that's true, then we are going to have quite an easy ride!!!!

Shawn has had a lot thrown at him from me, with my health and seeing doctor after doctor for my Migraine disease. That's not to say he has not thrown some dandies my way as well, but we can communicate very well with each other, and that really surprised me. Coming from relationships where people just keep things bottled up - I have to say we can keep beating the horse till it's dead, as long as we are both o.k. with the situation. I am so grateful to have that in my life now, and not have to feel like I'm trapped with my feelings inside all the time.

This is extremely important to me when it comes to my health. Shawn is always more then willing to come to doctor appointments, make sure he knows what medications I'm taking in case of an emergency, get me my triptans or rescues when I feel like hell. Or, just leave me alone when I feel like I've been hit by a truck! I'm glad this wasn't something we had to work out either, this is just the way it's always been with us.

Ok, now I'm boring you all with my personal life. I hope you all have a wonderful 4th of July. You know they set off fireworks tonight in honor of my anniversary! *wink*

Have a good one!

3 comments:

rain gem said...

Congrats again!

Migraine Chick said...

Happy Anniversary!

MJ said...

Congrats to you and Shawn! I know having my DBF here with me the last year has been a lifesaver for me. I'm so happy for you that you've found someone so loving and supportive.

Enjoy your anniversary!

Be well,
MJ