Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A month in....my thoughts

I've been on my new combo of Topamax and Amitriptyline for a little over a month now...and I have to say I'm undecided still.

I know it's still too soon. It can take up to six weeks - but that's next week and also my next neuro appointment. Here's my progress:

I've had a migraine about once a week on average since the Amitriptyline. I have, however, noticed less tension type headaches, which is good! So I'm taking a lot less Skelaxin. Also during this time, I hit my first placebo week with my new pill, so it was the first one in three months - ugh! That was a trip and a half. I almost ended up in status migrainous AGAIN! Four day migraine and then it was over. BUT considering all that, I think the Amitriptyline is working somewhat. I think my tension headaches are down, which means that it is hopefully taking care of the transformed migraines, which was the purpose of me going on it in the first place.

The down side:

I want to eat...all...the....time!!! I try to curb it, and yes, it has tapered off some since I've been on the same dose of Amitriptyline for over 4 weeks now...but yeah, I still have the sweets craving, which I had anyway, but the Topamax made me not hungry enough to actually indulge.

So, I go back to Dr. Neruo on March 11th. and I will have another update then. I really need to get on here more often!!!

No comments: